** Competition is now closed **
In case you didn’t already know it, National Stationery Week starts on Monday and runs until Sunday. We do like to celebrate this annual event and do something a bit different, and so this year we have decided to have a big giveaway. Yes, we have selected 10 of our favourite stationery items and we will give them away. Just like that…well, almost.
What do I need to do?
In time honoured fashion you just need to complete the statement below:
“I’m a stationery addict because…”
Please make your entry as personal, humourous, offbeat, silly or downright surreal. Tell a story if you want (but not too long, please). We like to think that we are not your conventional stationery business and so we will pick entries based on a similar criteria. It doesn’t have to be funny, but it does have to tick that ‘unexpected’ box.
There is no minimum or maximum length for your entry, but it needs to say enough to persuade us.
We will pick our favourite entry and award it out top prize – the Herbin Tempete fountain pen (worth £85). We love this pen, and everytime I have an excuse to use one I use the office Tempete pen and it writes so beautifully. We will also pick 9 runners-up and they will win one of the other items we have chosen.
How do I enter?
Send in your answer before by the end of Sunday 6 April. You can send in your entry in almost any way you choose:
- add it as a comment on this blog
- you can email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- post it on Twitter if it’s short enough (@bureaudirect – make sure use the hashtag #bdnsw14)
- add it to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/BureauDirect1995) – feel free to like our page whilst you are there
- you could even post a handwritten entry, as long as it arrives in time (post to Bureau Direct (BDNSW14), 8 Stanley Gardens, London, W3 7SZ
We will only accept one entry per person so make it your best one.
What do I win?
As mentioned, there are 10 prizes. These are 10 items of stationery that we really love, most of them pretty new. Some so new they haven’t even arrived yet! There is one top prize, and 9 runners-up prizes which will be randomly awarded to the 9 next-best entries. The prizes are:
2 – Paperways A5 Pads (set of all 4)
4 – Field Notes ‘Shelterwood’ Edition (so new it’s still being shipped from the US)
8 – Coccoina Glue
When will I know if I have won?
We will draw a winner next Monday and announce it (hopefully) in Stationery Wednesday on 9 April. We will let the winners know, and we will publish the winner and 9 runners-up on our blog and on Stationery Wednesday next week.
Any terms and conditions…?
Not many, but there are a few:
- Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per person and/or delivery address.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
- Entry is restricted to people who enter their details as stated.
- Prize can only be sent to a valid UK address.
- The winner will be chosen by Bureau Direct.
- The winner will be contacted via email, and the name will displayed on this website.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The competition will run from 31 March 2014 until midnight on 4 April 2014 and all qualifying orders within these dates will be entered.
- www.bureaudirect.co.uk is compliant with the Data Protection Act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
- Competition not open to employees of Bureau Direct.
NB: Apologies – it was originally reported that the Tempete pen was worth £99 – my mistake, it is worth £85.